On behalf of our client, a fast growing leader in RF component distribution, their business depends on gauging the demand among a broad cross section of customers; defense, wireless infrastructure, WLAN, cell phone and many others…and creating a relationships with suppliers to satisfy the demand.
We are looking for an Wireless Component Product Manager, who will understand demand, line up suppliers, and recommend inventory levels to satisfy demand. We need a BSEE or MSEE, ideally with past RF design or systems/ applications engineering experience. The candidate should have experience in the Smart Grid, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, IoT and wireless sensor area. Additionally, the candidate needs to have moved into Technical Marketing or at least be interested in Marketing as a next step.
Position located in any USA location Area.
This company is a global supplier of electronics components and subassemblies is seeking to fill a position for Wireless Components Product Manager. The position entails managing the existing global business and growing this business aggressively to the next level through developing and executing a strategic business plan.
To succeed here, you need to be a “hands-on” doer with a flexible working style and excellent communication skills who thinks strategically and acts tactically, with a strong sense of urgency and commitment.
Broad and comprehensive knowledge of the wireless communication field, current market trends and pertinent wireless application system block-diagrams is required. Please note that that this is not a semiconductor play but rather a component / module participation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The position reports to VP of Engineering and Product Management.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of product strategy, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including defining the product vision, rationalization of product offerings, pricing and product positioning.
- Develop, manage and own product strategy, and product, technology and supplier roadmaps.
- Identify, manage and grow a network of suppliers of wireless components to achieve near and long term growth objectives.
- Outlining and implementation of strategic supplier focused programs.
- Proactively driving new high-intensity product release pipeline.
- Strategically drive profitability through constant communication with external suppliers and internal asset teams.
- Develop, implement and monitor pricing strategies.
- Engage in market share tracking & analysis.
- Identify market needs and trends through interaction with customers and suppliers, analyzing and monitoring the information in the public domain, and attending industry events.
- Work with sales team in developing strategies to successfully win sales opportunities.
- Build strategic relationships with supplier partners, internal sales teams, & external customers.
- Develop technical collateral material in close collaboration with Marketing Communication Department.
- Provide technical expertise and training to other departments, distributors and customers.
- High level of comfort with online marketing (e.g. website, SEO, Pay-Per-Click (PPC), advertising and social media).
- Broad and deep understanding of the wireless communication ecosystem is required.
- Previous design experience with antennas is highly desirable.
- Entrepreneurial minded with a bias for action and project completion.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Hands-on, detail oriented, highly organized with excellent follow-up and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills in multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple deliverables, and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Must possess strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills, including formulating partnerships with suppliers, customers, and subcontractors.
- Ability to initiate and develop key relationships and interfaces.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization creating alignment across multidisciplinary functional lines.
- Highly analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, flexibility, adaptability, common sense, and strong product/market orientation required.
Skills and/or Experience:
- A wireless components or systems industry expert with a deep understanding of the industry landscape, dynamics, value chain, pricing structures, technology and product trends.
- Established relations with wireless components and systems industry participants at all levels.
- Strong technical expertise in wireless communication components such as antennas, amplifiers, RF modules, radios, transceivers, surge protectors and passive components or a demonstrated ability to rapidly gain such knowledge due to the prior experience with RF/microwave/mm-wave components and systems.
- Broad knowledge of the wireless communication technologies – Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, ZigBee, cellular systems (3G, 4G, LTE, & 5G), RFID, IoT, satellite communication, microwave wireless communication.
- Proven and documented success with development of new product strategies, new product definitions and product roadmaps.
- Multi-market exposure across frequency spectrum – RF, microwave, and millimeter wave.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and present complex concepts and value propositions to a broad range of internal and external contacts, both in writing and verbally.
- Prior knowledge & experience with financial/profitability concepts & models.
- Outstanding organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise conceptual thinking for complex situations.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook) and database management tools proficiency required.
- An engineering degree in electrical engineering (BSEE or MSEE). Study concentration in Wireless Communication or RF/Microwave engineering is highly desirable. MBA is preferred.
- At least 10 years of direct applicable experience with RF wireless systems and components.
At least, 10 years of overall experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, New Business Development, Sales or Application Engineering in wireless communication or RF/microwave fields.