Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Engineer
Our client is a leading maker of MEMS filters and resonators for smartphones, IoT, and WLAN. They are currently seeking a Manufacturing Execution Systems Engineer who will be responsible for implementing and developing software that tracks wafers in process. The ideal candidate will have a BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer System Engineering with 4-6 years of experience. Experience using software interfaces such as Promis, Workstream, and/or Eyelit is required. We are looking for a Green Card or better.
The MES Engineer is responsible for the implementation, deployment, and execution of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) utilized for wafer fabrication, assembly, and test. Responsibility includes building, maintaining, executing, and troubleshooting the MES. Specifically, the roll out of a new MES for production. After implementation the individual will maintain and enhance system functionality in the areas of, the creation of travelers, process and SPC deviations, implementation of Engineering Changes, workstation setup, and working with end users to troubleshoot issues. This position works closely with Operations to help keep programs on schedule.
- Responsible for commissioning a new Manufacturing Execution System (MES) platform through planning, designing, development, interface and operation. Support hardware upgrades and releasing new code.
- Provide and manage production support for MES functions including SAP interfaces, MES master data maintenance & process modeling, MES functionality (transactions and user interfaces), and Database / reporting functions.
- Database management, coordinate databases and database archiving
- Coordinate MES utilized within the wafer fab, with off site design, assembly, test systems
- Partner with the Dir of Operations, Maintenance and Facilities Managers and the Operations team to solicit requirements and construct routes within the MES system to support business needs.
- Works with management to develop reporting functionality to understand utilization, work-in-process and process bottlenecks.
- Devise and execute training plans for proper roll-out of the system and support services to meet end-user needs.
- Creates, configures, and updates product workflows, specifications, and data collections in MES for new product introductions or major process changes.
- Implement manufacturing needs into MES system requirements improving manufacturing productivity.
- Participate in cross functional teams reducing cost and improving cycle time.
- Author and execute any software validation activities, with proper oversight, required to support and maintain the MES system.
- Be subject to potential 24/7 technical support to ensure appropriate response and resolution to manufacturing issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems, Computer System Engineering, or related engineering discipline with 4- 6 years of development experience.
- The successful candidate must have good programming and database experience in MS SQL or Oracle.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or semiconductor company developing solutions for MES.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to communicate to all levels (engineering, management and production).
- Flexibility and availability to work outside normal hours.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to manage and prioritize tasks and projects.