Mechanical Analyst Engineer
Our Client is a fast-growing maker of MMICs, mmWave Filters, Passive Circuits and Modules for Wireless Commercial Communications, Test and Measurement, and Defense Electronics markets. Their key technology is a proprietary microfabrication process that allows them to create very unique one-of-a-kind products.
They are looking for a Mechanical Analyst Engineer responsible for maintaining high performance RF product mechanical integrity and thermal performance for their given life cycle. The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with thermal, mechanical, and structural analysis at the subassembly level. While RF is not required, it is certainly preferred. The company will look at someone from automotive, aerospace, or defense electronics. Experience and comfort interfacing with customer is a must, as well someone who can work with copper, gold, and other exotic metals. Must be able to use FEA for modeling purpose and have further experience/knowledge in reliability assessment. The company prefers a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, but will take an MSME. Must be a Green Card or better.
• Perform mechanical & thermal analysis on microwave and mmW RF products for commercial and military applications
• Perform fatigue analysis and calculate reliability predictions for product/system application environments
• Influence product design to achieve optimum balance of structural integrity/reliability, weight, size and cost
• Prepare analysis reports and present to internal stakeholders and customers
• Interface with customers to clarify/negotiate technical specifications and to participate in collaborative design efforts
• Actively participate in internal and customer-facing design reviews (i.e. SRR, PDR, CDR)
• Contribute to design process improvement initiatives
• Follow industry developments and stay abreast of emerging analysis products/methods as well as electronic packaging technologies
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with at least 10 years of experience – PhD degree is a plus
• Strong background in mechanical/thermal finite element modeling/analysis (FEM/FEA) for electronic packaging applications
• Demonstrated experience in reliability assessments using physics of failure methodology as well as designing and executing environmental testing (thermal cycling, random vibration, mechanical shock, etc.) with subsequent analysis and reporting of test results