Photonics Transceiver Design Engineer
This company is a leading manufacturer of high speed optical photonics and transceivers for data center through metro applications, up to 400 Gbps in speed. We do chip through subsystems level development (silicon photonics design, as well as TXVR design (QSFP+, SFP form factors).
They are looking for a Transceiver Design Engineer, who will do design, integration and system level architecture of optical transceivers; applying strong knowledge of the Photonic ICs, Lasers, etc as well as high speed analog, RF and Packaging elements of the transceiver. They get inputs from Marketing, Create specs for the Hardware Design Engineer ,and ensure that the Transceiver is optimized for the application. Need an MSEE or PhDEE, with 3-8+ years of experience in Optical transceiver Design.
***Locations: Transceiver Design positions in Los Angeles and the SF Bay area.***
Join our engineering R&D team where you will be responsible for advanced optical transceiver/high speed packaging design, evaluation of optoelectronic components, and high-speed IC. Your responsibilities will also include designing and developing new optical transceivers along with verifying and improving the existing transceiver products. The position will require working with cross-functional teams to lead a concerted effort on prototypes of optical transceivers and bring it from a concept phase to the production phase.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the R&D team for optical transceiver design and development.
- Design, build, verify, and test the new (engineering) prototypes.
- Troubleshoot and optimize the design in existing products.
- Develop high speed packaging, Flex and rigid PCB, including modeling, simulation, building prototypes, performing validation testing, analyzing data, and summarizing the optical transceiver design rule.
- Work closely with the production line manager to define hardware and firmware specifications and with product engineer for new product introduction;
- Work with vendors on design and specification of material/subcomponents;
- Production support and customer when necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- This position requires the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, M.S or higher with at least 6 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Solid understanding of digital, analog circuit design, high speed circuit signal integrity analysis and optimization, having experience at electrical and optical high-speed signal testing and signal integrity simulation.
- Deep and clear understanding of optoelectronic devices (EMLs, DMLs, PDs, and APDs, MZ Modulator,), high speed packaging (TOSAs and ROSAs) and high-speed digital and analog IC (CDRs, DSPs, SerDes, LDDs, TIAs), having experience at PLL based clock architecture design and selection of power converters or regulators.
- Have successful experience at high speed PCB design (more than 12 layers).
- Deep and clear understanding of Multi Source Agreement of CFP, CFP2, CFP4, and QSFP form factor as well as Diagnostic Monitoring Interface for commercial optical Transceivers.
- Good understanding of architecture and deployment of optical network (Datacenter, OTN, DWDM and PTN).
- Design of experiments and data analysis with strong analytical skills.
- Long Haul advanced optical module design experience highly desirable.