Power Electronics Electrical Engineer
Our client is a leading maker of Ka, Ku, and X-Band Solid State Power Amplifiers and Block Up Converters for Defense and tactical SatCom applications. They are seeking a Power Electronics Electrical Engineer to work with engineering staff in the design and development of complex microprocessor based controllers and power supplies for RF Amplifier products for the aerospace industry. Needs strong systems level troubleshooting skill, some understanding of RF amplifiers, in-depth understanding of digital microprocessor based designs, AC/DC Power supply designs, and some C/C++ knowledge.
Mixed signal, analog and digital Electrical Engineer.
Must be able to design and lead development efforts from conception to productions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Design and qualification of new RF Amplifier Monitoring and Control hardware
· Design and qualification of AC/DC, DC/DC power supplies for RF Amplifiers
· EMI/EMC qualification support for aerospace applications
· Lead various design efforts
· Perform system verification and trouble-shooting of new products
· Support production testing and trouble-shooting needs
· Ensures that the highest quality standards are being followed throughout the design cycle
· Ensure a healthy and safe environment is maintained
· Develop RTCA/DO-254 process documentation and standard operating procedures
· Hold and attend various meetings to lead and provide effective communication
Qualifications and experience required to perform this job
· 6-10 years’ experience designing and supporting production efforts for aerospace products
· Responsible for making technical decisions from high-level architecture choices down to detailed designs
· Must be able to work from a product specification to produce specific circuit designs
· Capable of analyzing and designing complex AC/DC, DC/DC Power supplies, mixed signal designs
· Excellent communication and people skills
· Comfortable in coordinating with various disciplines
· Work well under pressure to meet program goals
Specific skills required to perform this job
· Proficient with use of Altium Designer for Circuit Simulation, Schematic Capture, and PCB Layout
· Understanding and experience with military and commercial Aerospace products.
· Experience with RTCA/DO-160, RTCA/DO-254, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461