Power Electronics Engineer
Working on behalf of a leading defense contractor which produces EW Electronic Warfare, Radar and Missile Systems. This company is thriving and growing quickly and hiring several Power Design Engineers at various levels and specialties.
Most Will design AC-DC, DC-AC and DC to DC Power Supplies
Power Systems up to the transmitter level, and many other aspects of Power design
We Offer Staff to Principal Level Power Electronics Engineer positions.
This company is seeking experienced Electrical Engineers with proven leadership ability and knowledge of analog electronics, power electronics, and/or power systems. The successful candidate will lead and contribute to numerous technical tasks related to analog and power system design, including: managing technical tasks, communicating within and outside of the electrical engineering function, planning new efforts, and providing technical expertise within the department.
The Power and Electronic Systems Department is responsible for design engineering including the following areas:
• Power System Design – Power System Noise, System Simulation and Modeling, Solid State Transmitters, Tube Transmitters, High Voltage Design, Power Sources, Generators
• Power Distribution – Ground, Air, Shipboard, and Space, Power Generation, Line Voltage, High Current, Low Voltage, Micro-Power, DC, AC, Multi-Phase Power Control, Fault Reporting, Isolation, Protection Circuits, Redundant Systems
• Power Sub-System Design – Filters, Harmonic Control, EMI, Circuit Simulation, Magnetics, Protective Relay Systems, Short Circuit and Stress Analyses
• Power Conversion – AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC, Linear and Switching Supplies, Power Factor Correction (PFC), Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS), Resonant Circuits, Synchronization, Noise Controls
• Control Systems – Servo Control Systems, Motor/Power/Process Control, Digital Feedback Systems, Command Generation, Inertial Stabilization, Navigation Algorithms
• 15+ years related experience
• BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience managing complex technical tasks, including delegation of work and review of work products
• Demonstrated technical specialty in the area of analog electronics, power electronics, and/or power systems
• Modeling and simulation using PSPICE, MATLAB/Simulink, or similar computer based tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
• Hardware development experience in a DoD environment
• Experience generating technical documentation
• Experience interfacing with customers, procurement and manufacturing, and external suppliers to ensure proper implementation of product designs
• Existing security clearance
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.