Power IC Sales Director
We’re working on behalf of a leading provider of Foundry Services for RF, Photonic and Power ICs. They have a fast-growing business, offering SiC, GaN, and MOSFET Power ICs (DC to DC) for mostly higher power applications, like Data Centers, Servers, Base Stations, Electric Vehicle batteries and charging circuits.
Their strategy is to offer foundry services to the leading Power IC makers; some with Fabs and some fabless, to make their chips using the SiC and GaN process. They also offer design services, as needed by the customer.
They are looking for a Director of Sales, who will call on the Power IC makers, build relationships, and develop customers for the foundry services. We need a BSEE or better, with 7+ years of selling semiconductor device experience, preferably in the SiC silicon carbide, power electronics, SBD schottky barrier diode, MOSFET, GaN-on silicon technologies market, with proven track record of success.
We offer Salary with a target incentive bonus, and potential equity package. Travel will be in 40-50% range, with most targets in the USA, but some EU exposure. This position can be located anywhere in the USA.
Responsible for the identification, development, negotiation and closing of strategic accounts. This individual is required to close business with accounts on either a direct basis or utilizing our distribution channel partners. The individual is responsible for setting and meeting sales goals for assigned territory as well as maintaining a regular sales forecast and reporting to the Director of Sales on a weekly basis.
• Build effective customer relationships to achieve sales goals.
• Generate, influence and close complex sales opportunities autonomously within assigned territory.
• Set performance goals for major accounts and distribution channel partners, and implement measurement tools to monitor the success of each.
• Achieve targets for sales quota, expense controls, account/ market penetration, and business retention.
• Identify and develop new prospects as well as maintain on-going customer relationships.
• Report weekly sales forecast and performance to plan.
• Self-manage the sales process and initiate creative efforts to deliver results in line with the organization’s sales goals and strategic priorities.
• Be customer-focused and service oriented.
• Communicate significant/emerging customer trends and competitor activities on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain up-to-date profiles on all target markets, strategic sales opportunities and key business relationships.
• Develop and deliver sales presentations that address customer needs.
• Develop positive business relationships with all internal departments (operations, customer service, finance, etc.).
• Attend regional and national trade shows and sales meetings as needed.
• 7+ years of selling semiconductor device experience, preferably in the SiC silicon carbide, power electronics, SBD schottky barrier diode, MOSFET, GaN-on silicon technologies market with proven track record.
• Strong negotiation and communication skills.
• Solid understanding of integrated circuit technology, applications and markets.
• Demonstrated effectiveness working with customer senior management and technical teams.
• Independent, self-motivated, able to work remotely from direct management.
• Strong business planning skills with strategic mind-set.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
• Frequent travel required – 25-50%.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, optical engineering or equivalent.