RF R&D Packaging Engineer
**MUST BE A US CITIZEN**
We’re working on behalf of a leading maker of RF ICs, Power Amps and modules for Wireless and Defense markets. Much of their technology is based on GaN for Power amplifiers, and goes into Defense, EW and Radar applications.
Their RF R&D group is an innovative, forward looking group using cutting edge semiconductor technologies like GaN and for RFICs that go into Millimeter Wave Phased Array applications. They are looking for a an RF Packaging R&D Engineer, who will investigate IC packaging for ICs and Modules, including material selection, WLP methods, Reliability, mechanical design, thermal issues, and manufacturing. Should be familiar with substrate suppliers and contract manufacturers.
Need PhD (Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science), with 3-10 years in IC/Module packaging R&D. Must be a US Citizen. Would like to see experience in “Fan Out” Wafer Level Packaging, and Heterogeneous 2.5 and 3D packaging. Could come from Silicon IC Packaging, and might well be commercial wireless, optical, memories, etc.
Based in the Dallas area (low cost area with no state income tax).
• PhD (Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science)
• US citizen
• 5+ years related experience in heterogeneous technology research
• Self-starter with highly creative problem solving skills and inventiveness
• Hands-on process development skills and passion
• Intimate knowledge of heterogeneous (2.5D & 3D) and wafer-level packaging approaches, processing, associated materials, and related
• Familiarity with III-V device and wafer-level processes
• Familiarity with RF design concepts, mechanical design, and assembly reliability
• Familiarity with several component packaging, assembly and manufacturing principles
• Experience in working with external suppliers, contract manufacturers and/or external customers in an engineering capacity
• Peer reviewed publications (e.g. journal papers, conference proceedings, patents, etc.)
• Solid communication skills, written and oral
• Expertise in RF module assembly processes
• Expertise in packaging-related materials
• Experience with FIB/SEM/SAM/IR/XRAY
• Experience with advanced materials, paradigm shifting concepts or approaches (e.g. novel interconnect technologies, etc.)
• Thermal/Mechanical Modeling experience
• Familiarity with statistical data analysis tools (e.g. Spotfire, Minitab, Excel, etc.)
• Experience in CRAD proposals/wins/technical execution
• Program management skills