RF Test Engineers/Technicians
Our client is a maker of cutting edge RF filter and resonator technology for mobile devices, wireless infrastructure, IoT, and WiFi applications. They have expanded manufacturing efforts and have a new proprietary technology expected to rival its competitors in the industry.
They are currently seeking 2-3 RF Test Engineers/Technicians for their foundry in Upstate NY. The ideal candidate will be a BSEE, or better with 3-5+ years of experience in RF Test preferably in High Volume Manufacturing but company will consider RF Test for Development as well. Our client is looking for someone who can do RF Test at the die AND component level, although experience in either is fine. He/she should be familiar with RF Test equipment including network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and power meters. On the software side, PYTHON is preferred, but C++, C, C#, and LabView will also be considered. The company is also interested in someone who is familiar with a software tool called WINCAL. The ideal candidate will be cross-functional capable of turning into a team leader, and will have excellent people skills. Will look at someone from defense, space, base station, and commercial subscriber environments, but candidate must have experience with RF. Candidate needs to be Green Card or better.
The individual chosen for this position will be a member of an engineering team responsible for designing and implementing, RF production test solutions. This individual will be responsible for developing and integrating new RF test systems, both on a die and component level. Experience in improving current RF test systems hardware, software and monitoring system performance to guarantee accuracy and repeatability. The successful candidate will be an effective problem solver, proactive process owner and insightful test program developer.
• Maintain existing RF test solutions, both die and component level
• Design and integrate new software and hardware to achieve improved RF test solutions
• Participate in cross-functional teams to support engineering test projects
• Document test system and software designs
• Supports design verification testing
• Support existing Software (Python, C#, C++)
• Data Analysis
• Minimum Engineering Technology degree(prefer Bachelor’s degree) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years of experience RF experience
• RF die and/or component testing
• Proficient with test equipment including RF sources, pulse generators, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, power meters, power supplies, and digital multi-meters
• Knowledgeable in RF Test. Testing includes s-parameters, power, pulsed power and harmonics
• Software experience, preferably Python, C#, C++, Visual Basic
• Experience maintaining a Test Database
• Knowledgeable in GPIB, IEEE 488.2, serial communications
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
• Operate independently with minimal supervision