Senior Design Engineer – RF High Power Amplifier
A leader in RF/microwave power devices, MMICs and modules for Defense and Wireless Communications Infrastructure is currently seeking Senior Design Engineers for their expanding team. The ideal candidate will hold BSEE, MSEE or higher degree, and possess 3 -10 + years of experience with RF/Microwave High Power Amplifier Design, integrating RF Power transistors and/or MMICs and doing internal and external matching needed to create RF Power Modules/ Power Amplifiers.
Responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer
· Design GaN high power amplifiers.
· Continue the acceleration of GaN adoption across the wireless frequency spectrum.
· Contribute to the crushing of inferior technologies such as GaAs and LDMOS and dominate the market.
· Own products from cradle to handoff (as opposed to more niche “production design centers” where designers only focus on one specific piece of an overall design.) You will learn MORE here.
· Work for a small team (you will not be a “number” here!), but nor is this a startup. This is a world class, winning organization with a nimble footprint.
· Design of discrete, hybrid, and MMIC based packaged transistors and 50-ohm in/out high power amplifiers.
· Create custom electrical models of passive package parasitics and matching components such as alumina substrates, bondwire arrays, and high dielectric matching capacitors using industry standard 2.5D MoM and 3D FEM simulators.
· Device testing and characterization including s-parameter, large signal, load-pull, stability over temperature and VSWR, as well as markets specific measurements on a per-product basis such as modulated signal measurements.
· Responsible for multistage circuit design and layouts based on existing designs
· Fulfill samples requests for key customers
· Provide external customer support
Requirements of the Senior Design Engineer
· BSEE, MSEE preferred or equivalent experience
· 5 years microwave circuit design/measurement experience with 3 years of compound semiconductor, hybrid or MMIC power amplifier experience
· 8 years microwave circuit design experience with at least 5 years on GaAs or GaN hybrid and MMIC power amplifiers preferred
· Working experience with industry standard nonlinear circuit simulators ADS and MWO and electromagnetic modeling software (e.g. HFSS or equivalent)
· Experienced user of AWR and ADS non-linear circuit simulators preferred
· Experienced user of Axiem and HFSS electromagnetic modeling software preferred
· Working experience with microwave test equipment (e.g. Agilent VNAs) and standard device characterization/de-embedding techniques
· Background knowledge of latest communications standards such as LTE in terms of power amplifier measurements and related specifications preferred
· Experience with measurement and design techniques to detect and prevent occurrence of oscillations in high power amplifiers preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work within schedule constraints
· Working understanding of video bandwidth as it applies to power amplifiers for applications with linearity and wide instantaneous bandwidth requirements preferred
· Experience with technical customer communications
· US Citizen or green card holder