Senior Microwave Passive Component Designer
We have an immediate need for a senior microwave engineer who possesses a strong academic background and professional experience in passive microwave system theory and design, including architectures and RF/microwave components and subsystems. The successful candidate will employ their analytical skills to their working knowledge of electromagnetic theory.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum 4 years’ experience; OR
• Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 2 years’ experience; OR
• PhD in Electrical Engineering
Passive microwave component design (i.e. power combiners/dividers, couplers, adapters, transitions, terminations, and filters): (1) hardware design ; (2) analysis ; and (3) testing, at frequencies of 2-40GHz and at power levels from hundreds of watts to tens of kilowatts.
• Mastery of HFSS, MICIAN, and/or FEKO electromagnetic simulation tools
• Propensity for learning through self-study and comfortable working in a multi-tasking environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong academic background in courses such as Microwave Engineering and Electromagnetic Theory
• Strong measurement capability, including Vector Network Analyzer measurements
• Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
• Experience in cost estimating, budgeting, and schedule management
• Experience leading technical teams in RF/microwave component developments
• Existing Secret Level Security Clearance or ability to obtain one (U.S. citizenship generally required)