Senior GaAs Process Integration Engineer
A leading maker of RF/Microwave ICs chipsets, reference designs and RF Front ends is seeking a GaAs HBT Process Integration Engineer for their expanding team. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience in GaAs HBT wafer processing, power amplifier, tuner, LNA, filters and switch design as well as RF circuit analysis. This individual will ensure that PA and RF Front End Designs are optimized with all device and process limitations and risks accounted.
Responsibilities of the Senior GaAs Process Integration Engineer
- Work on the development and manufacturing success of our RF Front-End Module product lines.
- Solutions include highly customized Low-noise Amplifiers(LNAs), Power Amplifiers (PAs), antenna tuners and multi-throw switches, in standalone and module packages, for 4G and 5G wireless cell phone and ultra-mobile devices.
- Bring new designs to high-volume production in a fast-paced team environment, and will work closely with RF design, process development and integration, quality and reliability teams to ensure the product transition from design to manufacturing.
- Responsible for GaAs HBT process integration.
- Responsible for LNA and Switch design and simulation.
- Solve complex RF technical issues with techniques developed in Qualcomm.
- Participate and conduct process DOEs and FMEAs.
- Drive product and process yield improvement.
- Design process/product screening methodologies.
- Define process/product SPC procedures.
Requirements of the Senior GaAs Process Integration Engineer
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering required, PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas is required:
o GaAs HBT wafer processing
o Power amplifier, tuner, LNA, filters and switch design knowledge
o RF circuit analysis
- Measurement of microwave active and passive devices
- Usage of circuit simulators like ADS, Virtuoso preferred
- Usage of statistical analysis tools such as JMP, R, Spotfire preferred
- Programing skills with Matlab is a plus
- Innovative problem solver, passion to win/contribute, ability to work in, and thrive in, a team environment.
- Solid understanding of RF fundamentals such as Smith chart and impedance matching