SR. RF MEMS ENGINEER
The Sr. RF MEMS Engineer will contribute to the development and understanding of CMOS integrated RF MEMS devices that include tunable capacitors, ohmic contact switches and resonators. The basic devices will be integrated for tunable systems (filters, radio front ends, PAs). As part of the development, The Sr. RF MEMS Engineer will be part of one of Wispry’s collaborative engineering teams working with MEMS engineers, RF/CMOS Engineering, and Operations (Fabrication, Assembly, and Test).
This successful candidate will be responsible for MEMS device RF design including 3D FEM simulation and model extraction for ADS, and the formulation of RF analytical or behavioral models represented in Excel, Matlab, or other modeling tool. The RF MEMS engineer will work with the MEMS electromechanical engineer and RF product engineer to achieve optimal designs. The RF MEMS design on various substrates including HV CMOS, SOI, and alternative substrates (glass, sapphire). Successful candidate will be responsible for the design of RF test structures for characterization of devices and materials at the wafer level, including an understanding of RF probe measurements. The RF MEMS engineer will work with characterization and test engineers on these test structures.
· RF design for MEMS tunable capacitors, ohmic contact switches, resonators, and integrated passives to meet product specification.
· Work with MEMS electromechanical designers and RF Product Developer to achieve optimal solutions.
· Design of RF test structures for characterization of device performance and material properties at wafer level probe and module level.
· Work with MEMS Characterization engineers and Operations to define test and characterization plans. Define and design new test methodologies as needed.
· Prepare Design Reviews including the summary of simulation results, test, and characterization results
· Proficient in RF and EM simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, Matlab, and MWO.
· Proficient with MEMS and CMOS layout tools such as Coventor, Cadence, or Mentor Graphics.
· Proficient with statistical analysis and design of experiments software tools including SAS, JMP, Excel, @Risk
· Knowledge of MEMS design tools including Coventorware, SEMulator, Ansys, COMSOL
· Knowledge of DC/RF electrical measurements for capacitive or ohmic contact devices including LCR meters, oscilloscopes, parametric analyzers, network analyzers.
· Proficient with RF characteristics including s-parameters, noise figures, Q, linearity, harmonics, and intermodulation distortion.
· M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Physics, Ph. D. preferred
· 5+ years MEMS RF design experience
· Knowledge of RF MEMS design and processes for ohmic contact and capacitive switches