Director of Quality
Our client is a leading maker of RF filter products for the wireless industry. They are currently seeking a Director of Quality for their fab near Rochester, NY. The ideal candidate for this role will have 10 years of quality leadership in a MEMS or Semiconductor Manufacturing environment. We are looking for someone who has worked with QMS, Corrective Action, who has built processes, and put tools in place to manage and improve the quality of the output of the fab, and who has complied to ISO standards. Additional skills include someone who understands material review, material control, process change control, engineering change control, documentation changes, and MRB.
Company designs, develops and manufactures innovative RF Filter products for the wireless industry. Their highly skilled team is committed to high-quality solutions for today’s wireless technological challenges and is actively changing the RF filter technology of tomorrow.
Their culture is often described as:
Company is on the cutting-edge of next generation technology and you may be the perfect fit for our team. Are you looking for an exciting place to work where you can impact the trajectory of tomorrow’s RF filter technology solutions? If so, apply today!
Provide tactical and strategic leadership to wafer fab quality team. Work closely with wafer fab leadership to establish, maintain, and improve quality focused initiatives. Will be responsible for creation and execution of: FMEAs, quality inspections to improve quality outcomes, failure analysis activities, leading Material Review and Change Control Boards, as well as oversight of the Quality Management System as it pertains to the New York facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead quality management for all wafer processes, both internal and foundry.
• Work with fab management, sourcing, and engineering to ensure a viable, complete quality strategy for wafer fabrication.
• Drive continuous improvement activities to include:
o Management of non-conforming materials through Material Review Board process
o Management of process changes through Change Control Board process
o Development and maintenance of Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis for existing processes as well as new technology developments
o Corrective and Preventive Actions, both internally and with fab suppliers
o Statistical Process Control activities
o Quality assurance of incoming and outgoing materials
• Host / lead customer audits and specific customer requirements, as well as addressing customer quality issues and warranty support when required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• BS degree in a related Engineering Field (Electrical, Chemical, Materials, etc.)
• 10 years’ experience in a quality leadership role in wafer processing with significant experience in Quality Management
• Strong preference for MEMs manufacturing experience
• Superior analytical, organization, communication, and presentation skills
• Preferences for: Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma certification (Black Belt or Green Belt), ISO9001 experience, Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Internal Auditor