Principal Foundry Process Engineer
Reporting to the Director of Foundry Supply Quality Engineering & Technology, this person will be responsible for interfacing with foundries and work with Design, Product and Test Engineering to improve products’ quality and manufacturability. This position requires thorough understanding of fab process and fabless product engineering practices in high volume wafer manufacturing environment. Support and establish procedures for new product introduction, technology development, process transfers and failure analysis investigations.
• Interface between semiconductor manufacturing foundries and BU engineering teams.
• Actively participate is new process development for new technologies.
• Work with Test, Product and Design team to ensure effective remediation of issues and proactive focus on effective test coverage and optimization of outgoing quality.
• Participate and drive DFM, DFT and FMEA activities within the DE/PE/TE groups.
• Manage Quality Continuous Improvement activities through data analysis, root cause identification and implementation of corrective and preventative actions across the Product Development Cycle.
• Assist in the correlation of Wafer Sort, Process Eval, and Final Test activities for quality enhancements.
Minimum Educational Requirements & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronic, Applied Physics, Material Science Engineering or related degree. Master Degree is a plus.
• Solid Knowledge of product engineering fundamentals with an emphasis on Analog/Mix Signal, Systems on Chip (SoC) and Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) for High Speed Data Center Interconnects such as PAM-4.
• Solid knowledge of semiconductor device physics; including practical experience with SiGe, RF-SOI and RF-CMOS, Bipolar-CMOS-DMOS (BCD), and CMOS FinFET technology. Ability to identify semiconductor device failure mechanisms.
• Seven plus years of demonstrated experience in at least one or a combination of product engineering, test, or design in a complex IC merchant environment. IDM or Fabless Experience is acceptable.
• Effective communicator with the ability to interface at all levels within the organization, possessing a thorough written and verbal command of the English language.
Other Desired Attributes
• Advanced degree in applicable Engineering/Science field
• Experience in Semiconductors/Integrated Circuits Manufacturing & Test
• Proven ability to solve problems, analyze data using statistical concepts and tools
• Exposure to Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies, ideally Green/Black Belt certified
• Ability to work on multiple high priority projects and provide guidance to junior engineers when necessary
• Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Travel Required: 20 to 30