Senior Technician, Facilities Engineering Maintenance
Our client is a leading maker of RF components for Infrastructure, Defense/Aerospace, and Photonics markets. They are currently seeking a Facilities Engineering Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of facilities infrastructure associated with their main headquarters. The ideal candidate will have 10 years of experience involved in facilities engineering maintenance for an industrial/commercial office environment. Specific responsibilities include operating within all EH&S, federal and state regulations, maintaining plant systems supporting fab and manufacturing operations, experience with industrial HVAC and controls, experience with CAPA and Root Cause Analysis, and utilization with CMMS to complete scheduled repair work. BSEE/ASEE NOT required, but company would like to see 2 year college or technical school certificate or degree.
- Maintains and operate facilities infrastructure
- In conjunction with contracted services, maintain offices, grounds, and building systems to the highest level of appearance and reliability.
- Maintain plant systems supporting semi-conductor fab and manufacturing operations. Systems include: HVAC, LP boiler and steam plant system, centrifugal chiller operations, RO / DI pure water systems, process cooling systems and waste treatment operations.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair building and clean room HVAC systems to meet temperature, relative humidity and particle count specifications.
- Performs minor skills trades work, such as carpentry or painting in the construction, repair or alteration of structures such as walls, roofs or office fixtures.
- Utilize technical skills to perform root cause analysis (RCA) and implement corrective action & preventative actions (CAPA).
- Makes periodic or special inspections of the premise to determine repair work necessary. Works from blueprints, drawings or rough sketches.
- Support continuous improvement programs to optimize dependability and performance.
- Utilize computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to complete scheduled repair work, track corrective action work and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Support and follow established procedures and regulatory requirements associated with essential services; i.e. security, life safety systems, waste management, recycling and office equipment.
- Operate within all EH&S, federal and state regulations to ensure environmental, health and safety guidelines are followed and maintained.
- Support and participate in quarterly Safety Committee meetings as required.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to include safety regulations, personal protective equipment requirements, standard operating procedures, quality system regulations, and good manufacturing practices associated with semi-conductor clean room and manufacturing spaces.
- Work scheduled overtime and provide emergency on-call response on a rotating schedule.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Expert troubleshooter of industrial equipment, such as pumps, valves, motors, and controls instrumentation related problems.
- Limited Travel Required
Experience & Education:
- Industrial HVAC and controls experience a must.
- 10 years’ experience or equivalent in an industrial and commercial office environment.
- 2-year college degree, or 2-year technical school certificate highly desirable.
Massachusetts Industrial Wastewater Operator certification, Grade “2I” required within 6 months.