Staff/Sr Staff/Principal IC Designer
• Passive structure designs such as baluns, filters, phase shifter with EMX/Momentum
• Work with cross-functional groups on EVKit/load-board designs to optimize performance
• Custom-SPI/I3C/MIPI development – work with cross-functional groups within IDT to design & verify digital interfaces
• Custom package development – Work together with packaging group to develop custom packages and perform 3D Modeling throughout the design phase.
• Learn, on the job, the breadth of the group’s product development cycle and apply that knowledge to lead projects through the engineering development stage
• Design transmit/receive architectures and circuits
• Perform studies on how to improve standard library elements – ESD clamps, IO buffers and bias controllers – to further enhance the quality and reliability of products. Design and layout peripherals, such as ESD, IO Buffers, and bias controllers. Validate improvements once they return from fab.
• Collaborate with lead engineers to diagnose and correct circuit flaws in new and existing products. Perform in-depth peer reviews to determine weak links within circuit architectures and advise on how to improve.
• Manage and share detailed technical results and proactively support cross-functional groups involved with the product
• BSEE, MSEE or PhD preferred
• 10+ years of industrial RF/Analog IC design and development experience or equivalent
• Solid understanding of RF parameters such as S-parameters, NF, P1dB, IP3, IMD, stability
• Fluent in RFIC design using ADS and Cadence Spectre RF design suite
• Fluent in the following EM tools: Momentum, EMX, and HFSS
• Strong hands-on experience using RF test equipment and characterizing RF ICs
• Must be able to work both independently and together in a team environment
• Solid organizational skills with attention to details
• Good communication, presentation skills and effective team work
• Curious and aspires to overcome design challenges – driven to succeed personality