We are working on behalf of our client, a leading maker of RF Components and boards for wireless and defense applications. They have a fast growing product line of BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) Solutions which can be used to create an unlimited variety of applications for IoT capabilities including:
Wearable Technologies ie fitness applications
Navigation Systems for for GPS capabilities and activity tracking
Home Automation- ie… smart housing, lighting, kitchen devices etc..
Remote Sensing devices for data, such as temp reading humidity etc..
These applications can be created for iPhone iOS and Android operating systems.
They are looking for a home based East Coast Regional sales manager who will be a key contributor in the growth and market awareness of their Connectivity Solutions Portfolio. The role will be expected to support all sales channels in the designated territories with a focus on business capture, and will also be responsible for supporting training, customer visits and acting as a customer advocate within our client’s organization.
Looking for a B.S. degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 5-10 years of successful field sales experience in the semiconductor or distribution sales arena.
Official Job Description:
A East Coast Regional Sales Manager is a key contributor in the growth and market awareness of their Connectivity Solutions Portfolio and when combined with the appropriate internal resources, facilitates the design-in and demand creation process. For our client’s product lines. This role will work directly with customers, sales channel partners, business development, marketing and engineering professionals to close business opportunities. The role will be expected to support all sales channels in the designated territories with a focus on business capture. This role will also research, collect, and report information on the latest forecasted sales and market trends. Additional responsibilities include supporting training, customer visits and acting as a customer advocate. Present and articulate professional technical presentations to prospective customers and distribution partners outlining their Connectivity portfolio and services. Listen to and relay customer requirements and take prompt, appropriate action that exceeds expectations.
Please note: Relocation is not necessary as the position can be located anywhere in the territory.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for all sales activities in the allocated territories.
2. Responsible for creating, updating and publishing monthly sales forecasts.
3. Responsible for interfacing with regional level sales and field applications individuals at our franchised distributor networks, Manufacturers representatives and semiconductor partners.
4. Responsible for creating, maintaining and distributing lost business reports.
5. Responsible for all key customer activities within the territories. RSMs will be the “opportunity owners” and responsible for deploying and managing our client’s resources as required to add value to the customer relationship and close business opportunities.
6. Responsible for attending and coordinating the marketing and communications efforts for all tradeshows, Seminars and Technical conferences and appropriate events within their territories.
7. Responsible for coordinating and supporting an ongoing training schedule in their territory at all distribution, Manufacturers representatives and semiconductor partner offices as necessary.
8. Responsible for maintaining and publishing weekly activity reports covering: New Lead updates, key customer activity, visit plans, Training needs, Tradeshow and Technical Event needs.
9. Work to develop customer relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity.
10. Extensive domestic US travel required (50%).
1. Working knowledge of electronics distribution industry
2. Working knowledge of the semiconductor industry an advantage
3. Some wireless low-power communication experience an advantage.
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. Strong interpersonal and negotiation abilities.
7. Excellent real time problem solving capabilities.
8. Ability to identify and deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions based on judgment.
Education: B.S. degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering or Electrical Engineering desired, MBA preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of successful field sales experience in the semiconductor or distribution sales arena.