This position is responsible for preparing for and validating the IC samples for specification compliance. The validation engineer works closely with the lead design engineer during development of the IC, devises the IC validation plan and oversees the design of the evaluation boards, calibration boards, equipment needed and updating the GUI or automation software in preparation for the IC to arrive. Upon arrival of the first samples, the validation engineer measures every specification parameter of the product requirements document across temperature per the validation plan to establish the compliance. Experience in measuring RF parameters such as NF, IP2/3, 1dB Compression, S-Parameters is essential for this role. Experience in RF matching, SOLT/TRL calibration techniques, PCB design, experience with Labview, general lab skills such as soldering, data analysis, and advanced excel, data power and/or jump data manipulation software proficiency are highly desired. Excellent documentation and verbal/written communication skills will be needed to succeed in this role. Experience with VSWR, source and load pull-systems, microwave, and cellular systems are a plus.
– Develop the silicon validation plan and all the required hardware/software for testing the IC.
– Perform all RF and DC measurements to establish specification compliance.
– Create test reports and present data.
– Strategize and come up with methods to re-use hardware and software platforms to optimize the development time and costs across multiple ICs.
– 1+ years of experience in RF measurements and using RF lab equipment
– Knowledge of RF System theory.
– Proficiency in the use of network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generators, noise figure meters, oscilloscopes, tunable filters, and general RF components.
– Familiarity with IC design tools such as Cadence and ADS.
– Some experience with RF Amplifier design
– Solid organizational skills with attention to detail
– Solid presentation skills
– Good communication skills and effective team work