Our client makes is a leading maker of high speed analog ICs that control fiber optic transceivers for photonics. Their products include CDRs, TIAs, Modulator Drivers and Laser Drivers.
We are looking for IC Design Engineers, from 2 years experience to 10 years plus.
We need a BSEE, but an MSEE or PhDEE is preferred, with 2-0+ years of high speed analog driver ICs for photonics applications. We can take candidates with CMOS,BiCMOS, SiGe, or GaAs device backgrounds.
They offer competitive base, plus very lucrative bonus and RSU /Equity packages. Locations are San Jose, CA Irvine, CA and Portland,OR .
We are also looking for Test/ Product Engineers and Applications Engineers for Photonics Driver ICs. Their products include CDRs, TIAs, Modulator Drivers and Laser Drivers.
from a few years experience to Principal level (10-15+ years experience). Candidates should understand the IC level products, be able to do high speed hardware design to set up reference test boards, and to be able to test the driver ICs on the board and analyze the test data, for the purpose of improving the design and getting it ready for high volume manufacture. We need good people skills for dealing with customers, as well as design and manufacturing people within the company.
We are also looking for similar candidates in Irvine, CA and Portland OR.
Be part of the IC design team within creating custom IC’s for industry leading fiber optics transceivers and products. The candidate for this position will have hands on experience taking innovative integrated circuit designs at data rates of 10Gbps and higher from concept through silicon characterization. You will be responsible for schematic design through layout, verification and IC characterization.
- Will define circuit requirements and complete design from schematic, layout, and verification to characterization.
- Completion of circuit layout and/or define layout requirements for a mask designer.
- Write specification and test requirements documentation.
- Behavioral modeling of analog and digital circuits. Complete mixed signal simulations for verification of chip level and system level performance.
- Test, characterize, and de-bug designs in the lab.
- Interface with applications, marketing, and manufacturing to provide IC expertise.
- PhD or MSEE with equivalent experience with strong analog design background.
- Extensive experience using Cadence or equivalent circuit design and simulation tools.
- Demonstrated ability to characterize, de-bug and troubleshoot your designs in the lab through hands on characterization including knowledge of multi-GHz test considerations.
- Expertise in sub-micron CMOS high speed design.
- Expertise in CMOS BiCMOS, SiGe or GaAs high speed design.
- Understanding of CDR or TIA, amplifiers and laser driver design and design techniques for 10Gbps and higher data rates
- Demonstrated performance successfully taking designs from concept to design and characterization.
- Self motivated with the capability to work independently to deliver quality designs.
- 5-7 years analog design experience.
- Experienced in EM/RF simulation using tools such as HFSS, CST, or ADS.
- Electro-magnetic modeling of inductor and varactor structures.
- Experience and knowledge of analog signal processing techniques.
- Experience in the design of high speed opto-electronics circuits including TIA’s, amplifiers and laser drivers.
- Experience and knowledge of adaptive filters.
- Prior experience and knowledge on the use of DCA, Spectrum Analyzer, BERT and other applicable equipment.